No Spongers - Just a $2,000,000.00 Virus

Its official, there were no Spongers between the 6th-13th Aug 2009 - Instead, I got a nasty Virus on my network, it managed to delete everything and I nearly lost it all.... - Was happy to hear that Ealing Council (London) got the same Virus and they managed to spend around £500,000.00 ($1,000,000.00) to fix it – and they think the final bill could be over the £1,000,000.00 ($2,000,000.00) mark, considering all the parking tickets that they had to cancel and all the experts they hired to clean up the mess... And the funny thing is, they had the super hooper dooper anti-virus subscription – which still didn't work... I'm not gonna say who the anti-virus was by, or name and shame the company responsible, because I don't want to get sued, but they are big and they do sell a lot of copies and they are the ones that slow down your PC if you don't renew your Licence... I didn't spend that much to sort out my network, but the above news did make me laugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment