The Bank Of Horrors.. Part II

I didn't manage to get anywhere with the bank (from before), so I just ignored them, stopped using the offending Credit Card, and carried on paying the Credit Card Bills as usual... Few weeks later, I received a letter from the Credit Card issuer's with some Credit Card Cheques inside, asking me to SPEND, SPEND, SPEND - They usually send these when you don't use your Credit Card for a while - So I assumed, everything was back to normal, and to make sure - I phoned the bank and asked them about the Status of my Credit Card Account - They said, all is Hunky Dory - Everything is paid on time, I'm within my credit limit and they don't see anything wrong there - I asked, Can I use the Credit Card Then, and the Answer was an emphatic "YES".. I thanked them and hanged up...

The same week, I ordered something from an Internet Retailer "game.co.uk" - The payment was declined - So I phoned the bank, and I really wasn't very happy, I told them the story, and they said its nothing to do with them, its something to do with the Retailer's own Merchant and the way they carry out security checks ... I asked again, so can I use my Credit Card or Not - I'm not bothered if they've said yes or no, I just didn't want to look like an idiot each time I used it, and they said Yes - There is nothing wrong there..

A week later, I needed to buy something from the Internet, I placed an order on "ebuyer.co.uk", a website where I have used the same Credit Card in the past with no problems - Everything went according to plan - then there was the "Lloyds TSB" Verification, which I passed with flying colours... Everything seemed to be OK, A day later, I received an email from ebuyer, informing me that my Credit Card was Declined again..

So I phoned the Bank once again - Can you please tell me what's going on? If you don't want my Business, I really don't care - I will just take it somewhere else - I just need to know the reason why?, and when I ask whether I can or can't use it (the Credit Card), I need you to just tell me the truth instead of leaving me looking like a prat each time I order something..

Sorry Mr. .... , I will just discuss that with Credit Card Operations - Five minutes later, Sorry Mr. .... - apparently, there is a "Mark" on this Credit Card, we don't know what it is and we can't remove it... - So the only thing we can do is, for you to Destroy the existing Credit Card and we will issue you a new one - You'll receive that within 3 - 5 Days and your pin will follow shortly afterward - Thank you...

Thank you very much "Lloyds TSB", I just hope you use the correct date of birth this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment