02 Nov 2009

Today on BBC Breakfast we have, a very short plug (less than 5 seconds) for a new Charity Single - Supporting "Help For Heroes" - they said its performed by a host of Celebrities, and they showed a video snippet with all these Celebrities singing, and honestly, I didn't know any of them and I bet no one else would know who they were...  Even though the cause is noble, I don't think these Z listers on the BBC would help further it..

Also on BBC Breakfast, we have  Laura White - From Last Year's X Factor, selling her new Single and Album - I know it was early, but the girl just sounded so very special, somehow. You ask her something and you wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and then wait some more, then, a giggle followed by some incomprehensible babble..
 

We also have 2 people from the "Digital Theater" troupe - A new Digital Experience - an Internet Only Theater, for people on the go, you pay once and watch the Play forever (around 2 more weeks, if you are lucky) - As per usual, the, patronising, presenters thought it was a very good idea - but I know for a fact that they will never, ever, ever, order one of these Plays. The good news however is, the Theater is very big in the Cayman Islands... They've got a customer there.

I can't watch any more TV for now - I have to be somewhere else - so I get in the car, turn the Radio on, and drive - My Car's Radio is a bit shit (so is My Car, but that's another story) - I can only listen to 1 station, badly, because all  the buttons on the Front Panel are not working, and when I say "Not Working", I mean really "Not Working" - you have to push the "Anti-Theft" front panel in, at a certain angle, twist, turn, pull, push, bang, bash, swear and twist again, and 5 minutes later, as if by magic, the Radio is ON - however, no other buttons will work, not the power, not the volume, not anything else. The thing is, I don't even know why they bothered about an "Anti-Theft" device, the damned Stereo has a bloody Cassette Tape Player, Yes, a Cassette Player, something that was top of the range in 1974 (I don't think anybody has seen or made one of these in over ten years) - As well as being a very crappy stereo and sounding tinny, it still managed, as a final act of defiance / vengeance, to eat my "Best of Barry White Tape" during a long trip to Bristol, so to cut a long story short, you drive, listen and hope for the best. The station the Radio is stuck on happened to be BBC Radio 1 - and to add insult to injury, the reception is really, really bad, this is because the Aerial was snapped 2 years earlier, when the car was being washed, inside one of those huge Car Wash machines, the one with massive rollers - I forgot to lower the Aerial and the Machine just snapped it off and spat it out...

Back to the story, I turned the Radio on and started driving, and who do I hear on the Radio, we have Jimmy Carr - the Annoying, Make-Up wearing (apparently, it called Guyliner or or something like that), and not So Funny (in my book) so called Comedian. Selling his new DVD. Last week, the same Jimmy Carr was in our bad books because of a very insensitive joke, about disabled troops.. Today, he is our darling hero, selling his new DVD, with the Sun shining from his @#$£...

We also have, on BBC Radio 1, David Walliams (not so funny comedian, Ex. Little Britain Fame) selling his new Children's Book - I'm sure he will, shortly, be doing the rounds on TV.. - I remember my daughter buying his previous Children's Book from the local Pound Shop - I'm sure this one will only be sold in top notch, bona fide, book shops (well, at least for the next couple of months), and then, no doubt,  it will find its rightful place among other greats...

I'm back - and on BBC Working Lunch, we have a 10 Minute advert for "JoJo Maman Bebe" about their Shops, Catalogue and Internet Business, what they sell and how good their stuff is, and how you will not be complete until you get something from there.. I even wanted to buy something from them, and I still don't know why... A case of the undeserving, giving the undeserved some free publicity. I really want to know, how to advertise for FREE on the BBC, who do I need to see, know, contact, befriend or sleep with... Life is very hard outside this Club, in the real world...

On Loose Women - ITV - We have Laura White again, doing her rounds - selling the new single and album - I can't bare watching that women again, If I do, I'm sure the interview would dumbin me..

There is also somebody else, his name is Martin, I think - trying to sell tickets to the Little Voice show - they are really trying hard, but still there is nobody watching - the problem is, they should have the show in the Cayman Islands instead of London...

No comments:

Post a Comment