RAMADAN

Ramadan is upon us once again, the pious are all out of the woodwork, in force, telling us what to do, and how to do it... Me, I'm a Muslim by birth, a Humanist by nature, and an Atheist by design. I don't believe in anything, apart from Karma (and Korma), but I know that there is something out there, a master plan, a cosmic balance or a higher power of some sort. I know that, because I have felt it working, whenever I needed help.

I don't know what it is or how it work, but I refuse to believe in a Supreme Being, a Father or a Creator, for the simple reason; "How can a father torture his children, or let bad things happen to them? Unless he is an unfit parent"...

Regardless, and because of the above, I decided, long ago, to follow my own simple set of values and beliefs. They might not be perfect, but they have served me well thus far...

[1] Don't lie, cheat or steal (unless its to a Bank)...
[2] Treat others like you would like to be treated...
[3] Trust all, till they prove you wrong...
[4] Do no harm..

Either way, and coming back to the story. these same pious people seem to be shocked and horrified when I tell them what I think, why I don't believe, why I don't pray and why I don't fast. But they still buy my software, because they like cheating the tax man...

1 comment:

  1. Since I published the above, everything that could go wrong, with my life, my business and the world, has gone wrongs.. I don't know whether its a vengeful God, who is not happy with my post, or just a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete