Some days it’s just not worth getting out of bed for… Part IV

 I walk in next door to say my goodbyes. I get Greeted by the man's mother, she was there on a visit from Iran or wherever. Apparently the woman can read body auras, and she could see things in mine and as soon as I walked in. She told me that I deal with lots of money all the time, and that there is money around me, but what she didn't see was that the money belonged to my good mates and boddies, "Visa", "Mastercard", "American Express" and "Lloyds TSB".

I pretended to be amazed, and begged her not to reveal any more of my deepest, darkest secrets, knowing fully well that it might just be that her son told her about how expensive I was, or somebody noticed the number of boxes I was taking next door, or she might just be genuinely a psychic, or then, she might not be..

Regardless, I was impressed, because I had all the money that I withdrew from the Bank, earlier today, and a Fat Cheque from next door, for the new system..

Sometime, I think people should quit while they are ahead. Too late, the woman started on health and happiness (see here, here, here and here), and told me about how healthy I'm, she obviously didn't talk to my Doctor and did not check my super high Blood Pressure.  I just smiled, nodded my head and agreed with everything, telling her how uncanny her predictions were.

I finished there, thanked them and left. By then it was getting late and guess what, I had another "Parking Ticket stuck to the Windscreen, this time for £50.00" for overstaying my welcome (she didn't see that one coming, did she), oh well, C'est la vie.

Finally, I was on my way to the Caribbean Cafe to try and sort out the Problematic Printer. luckily, I still managed to get there in the nick of time, 5 minutes before shut down. I was absolutely starving, so I decided to order a Portion of Curried Goat, Rice & Peas, a Side Salad and a Large Pepsi... I paid for the stuff, I hate getting things free from customers, its their Business and Livelihood, I don't give discounts and I don't expect any in return... I took the stuff to the car and went back in to look at the Printer...

As I mentioned before, that outlet seems to go through printers at the rate of one per month. The first one met its demise at the bottom of a Jerk Stew Pot. I still do not know how, but it did happen, and when it did, the owner said, well the printer is still under Guarantee, isn't it?.   The second printer met its demise, a few weeks later, when the owner phoned me and told me that the new printer has stopped working, again, they do not know why. Upon inspection of the printer, I noticed that it was in about 5 different pieces, apparently, it just exploded into pieces while printing, and having bits of the printer on the floor, under the counter was not a clue. And once again, we have the owner saying that the printer is under guarantee. The third printer was grilled, and the forth dipped in BBQ sauce with all the rollers and gears sticking / seizing solid overnight.

This time, and once again the bloody printer has seized solid. The paper can not advance, and every error light is flashing. I just couldn't do anything there, so I just collected the printer to try and see what I can do with it.. These printers are usually very reliable, with a 3 year warranty, but even the solid warranty can't handle this lethal Jerk cocktail.  So I bid them farewell and left (no ticket this time, thank you God).

I got back home, I ate my Curried Goat, Rice, Peas, and Side Salad. This did taste a bit funky. And a few hours later, I was paying for it once more, sitting on the toilet with terrible stomach pains, gripes and diarrhea, whilst projectile vomiting into the bath tub. Now that's what I call result...

Now, the only thing I need to make the day perfect is for the Cheque to bounce...

No comments:

Post a Comment