If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've been a Skype user & account subscriber for the past (many, many) years and everything was going great - I regarded Skype as an essential extension to my business & personal life, and regarded it as a  solid piece of software that always worked, that had never let me down, ever...

Skype, the company, was bought and sold on many occasions, but the software and service stayed true to it's origins... That is until now, Microsoft bought Skype back in 2011 for $8.5 billion dollars, which is a lot of money, by anybodies standards, and after a buggy software rewrite, they decided to somehow recoup that amount by introducing sneaky advertising, which I do not mind and adding few software instabilities in the process, which I do mind....

Today, there was another Skype update, this seem to crash the program on loading, but if you press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and stop the process and then reload everything, then it will run for a while, until the built-in memory leak catches up with you, and then you will have to completely reboot your OS.

I really hate it when software crashes and when a company like Microsoft releases something that is so unstable, especially when they had such a solid base to start from...

Me, I decided to downgrade my Skype experience, no advertising, no HD video, no new features and no crashes...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment