It's called Lamb's Lettuce for a reason....

I've just been to Tesco (shopping). I saw a selection of "Salad Leaves" on sale, and was intrigued. What will these little beauties taste like. Are they going to be the culinary experience that I have been longing for.




The bags and design looked very enticing, and managed to strike a cord with me, so I decided, what the hell, lets try these leaves in a salad (and the price was not bad either)..

All that I know, these bloody leaves are really tasty, if you are a Lamb, sadly, I'm not, so I really did not like the taste - It's obvious that the "mixed little leaves" were gathered by Tesco employees from the messy garden, 200 yards down the road, to the left of the store, while the Lamb's Lettuce, collected from Lamb's excrement (Shit, to me and you).

The "Lamb's Lettuce" was tasteless, but it did leave a nasty, oily, grubby feel in one's mouth (and a crappy aftertaste),  while the "Little Mixed Leaves" tasted very aniseedy, probably just like any other leaf you pick up of the floor and pretend that it's a salad leaf.... Regardless, those are 2 more products to avoid...

No comments:

Post a Comment